Tuesday, August 14, 2012

chocolate love

Chocolate.
One word can evoke such intense emotions such as desire, pleasure,
joy and sheer bliss.

I've been learning to appreciate food over the last few weeks. Instead of laying on the couch at night with my bag of gummy bears (I will always have a special place for you in my heart little guys), I decided to earn my sweet indulgence.

Once a week or so, I will make a decadant treat from scratch. This time I made a chocolate cake with chocolate icing. I obtained the recipe from the back of the Hershey cocoa box. A little dab of cool whip and a fancy drizzle of Hershey's syrup and I'm good to go.



No more associating food with guilt! I will allow myself to enjoy the occasional sweet. I offer myself chocolate and again I am reminded to take it slow, enjoy the little things in life, and be grateful. Oh, so grateful for my darling chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment